Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh my achin' head

I just read today that Olivia Newton-John was born today. Happy Birthday, Sandy! She was born this day in 1948. Insert record scratching noise here. Sandy in “Grease” is 4 years younger than my MOM? Holy crap. She was about THIRTY when she made “Grease”.

This just makes my brain hurt on so many levels. When I was still a pre-teen (yes, my love, there were movies then), “Grease” and “Annie” were sort of the two movies that all of the girls in my class were really into. Like play the albums over and over and over and …. It just seems wrong that my mom could is that close in age. Crazy!

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 at 5:57 PM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

When I was in sixth grade, I learned that Cyndi Lauper and my Dad were only a year apart in age. I was mortified that someone her age (you know almost my dad's age) would dress and act like that.

 
At September 27, 2006 at 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About ten years ago, I started a mentoring program for some at-risk high-school girls. I had one girl in my car with me. She was looking at my tapes. "Cool! You like retro," she said when she saw the Go-Gos.

"No," I said. "I like the Go-Gos. From when they were first cool."

She also saw my Grease soundtrack and sighed, "John Travolta was so hot when he was young."

"I think he looks better now," I told her. Teens. What do they know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home