Monday, September 25, 2006

I've been working on the railroad

I did a doggy railroad run on Saturday (pictures to follow). Two fat little chihuahuas - Peewee and Chico left a kill shelter in Virginia and are in the welcoming arms of a local rescue. I have to admit that I'm totally not a chihuahua kind of gal. You've seen Fred, there's just no way I can make the leap from 70 lean pounds of fuzz, play, and affection to...a fat chihuahua. But both dogs were very sweet (which I'm told is very unusual for this breed), albeit a bit fried. They'd had a long day of constant change and I'm sure wished they could just hide in a nice cave.

I was a little nervous because I didn't have a crate, so substituted a cardboard box. I wasn't sure if this was going to earn the wrath of the delivering or receiving driver, but both were cool with it. And all was well, the two slept the whole trip until about 150 feet from the drop off point, at which time Peewee climbed out of the box and into the back window of the car. I'm never going to see a bobble head chihuahua again without thinking of that rotten dog pointing out that I apparently let the dogs run free under risky circumstances. But he's safe, and hopefully will get adopted quickly.

Update:
A photo of PeeWee making a great escape

A photo of Chico in his temporary cardboard box home

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home