Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bad Boss, Bad!

For reasons unrelated to my job, (a friend of mine is suffering through serious seagull management right now, and his whole department is completely de-moralized). I've been thinking about bad boss stories. So what's your best, or worst? (don't tell anything current, I don't want anyone Dooced!)

A long time ago, in an office far, far away, I worked for a man who, outside of work, was a wonderful guy. Apparently passing through the portals of our office imported his evil twin, and exiled the good guy to another dimension. More realistically he was the type of person who would have been far happier in the corner working on numbers than being a manager of people. Over the course of a week at the beginning of May, I had been feeling sicker and sicker. I had a business trip that took a few days, and by the time I came back, I was running a fever and could barely swallow because my throat hurt so much. One of my co-workers took a look at me, and said "You need to see a nurse!!" Off I went, and the nurse took one look at my throat and said I needed to see a doctor. So being the good employee, I told my boss that I was sick, and needed to go to the doctor. He then hauled me into his office for 45 minutes to discuss a project I was working on. At one point I believe I was berated for having a piece of paper on the wrong side of the folder, but that actually may have happened at another time. By the time it was all done, I was completely wilted. I left work, and went to the doctor who promptly diagnosed me with mono and tonsillitis. My co-workers tell me that he spent the next two weeks absolutely petrified. Which I just think is a sign that there really is justice in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home