Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ambling Thoughts

Happiness is mountain biking season. Man and dog get out of the house to be rowdy in the woods. In the meantime, I get to putter around the house without the dog drilling holes in my head for daring to exist without keeping him entertained. After yesterday’s mountain bike ride, the dog was dawdling on his morning walk. And when we got home, instead of hanging with me, he went back to bed. Ahhhhh, I love mountain bike season!

I watched “The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill” this weekend. I’d heard all sorts of raves on this movie, and I sort of had the same reaction to this that I did to “March of the Penguins”. Yeah, it’s good, but have you people never watched Animal Planet or the Discovery Channel? I just didn’t see either of them as being so outstanding that they deserved special praise. Good, but….

What is it about grocery stores in this area? I’ve never been in one where the help wasn’t surly. Are these people beaten at the start of their shift to get them in the right mindset? I especially like the part where they don’t even acknowledge you at the start of the transaction. I’ve taken to holding the little club cards until the cashier looks at me. I’m not expecting to be entertained, but politeness would be a good touch.

Go Saints! What a Hollywood ending that they won their first game back in the Superdome.

Great posts on Enron and whether Faustow deserved to be the guy with plea bargain on Asymmetrical Information.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home