Friday, May 11, 2007

Things you just can't make up

So there's a local div 3 pro cyclist that is widely rumored to be a big time doper. Given he's one of my least fav people, it's really tempting to say he IS a doper, but I haven't seen him in action or heard him admit. So for once I'll be good.

Anyway, he ran into someone I know, and was trying to make some connections. He's getting to the end of his racing career and wants to become....a drug rep. We were imagining the interview:

"No! No! I know your stuff! I know dosages, and not to store any under your dog's name..."

Update 5/13: Well now I don't have to pretend like this guy may not be a doper. He's testifying in the Landis case about how useful testosterone was in the course of his career. Because it got him all the way to the level of Div 3 pro! I'm sure the fame, fortune, women and status are totally worth the future health problems. I can at least understand doping to win the Tour de France - that's watched by 2 billion people a year. But the Tour de Cuba? That's just dumb.

Update Update 5/13: The more I think about it, the more this makes me laugh. If I were the defense lawyers, and this Div III guy gets up and says how fantastic testosterone is, I'd ask "So...what's the biggest race you've won? Really, Tour de Cuba? Apparently Testosterone DIDN'T work as well as you might have guessed. But thanks for playing...."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2007 at 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There are two things that were on my mind while I was training today. One is
that I have no problem being all high and mighty and judging Papp. Why?
'Cause I NEVER DOPED! Being able to say that is fucking awesome, and it
gives me the right to judge a shitbag like Papp. Two, Papp was doping in
order to what, keep racing as a piece of shit amateur? One who skipped big
races like crit nationals where he knew there'd be doping controls? A guy
with a brain who definitely had other choices in life? Really, is there
anything sadder than someone who would dope just to keep being a piece of
shit?"
-Myerson, via the husband

 

Post a Comment

<< Home