Wednesday, May 02, 2007

SWEET!

Medscape's latest headline:


History of Migraine May Protect Memory, Cognition, in Older Individuals

And part of the article:

In the only long-term prospective study to assess cognitive and memory changes in aging individuals with and without migraine, investigators at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, Maryland, found that migraineurs scored lower on tests of immediate and delayed memory at baseline.

However, over time, their rate of cognitive decline was 17% less than those who did not have migraine, a finding that held particularly true for individuals who had migraine with aura.

First of all, who knew I had a cool grouping - migraineur. Sounds like an artiste, like auteur as opposed to the way I've always thought of myself - chick crying in corner with headache. And secondly, when all the rest of you can barely remember your names, I'll be able to find my car keys on a regular basis. Which is extra exciting because I can't find the darn things now. Who knew the auras and the pounding head would one day pay off for me.

I'm off to go stress myself out and drink lots of caffeine just to keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home