Sunday, April 29, 2007

My very first meme...

sniff... (wipes tear away)

I've been tagged by Ambrose for a favorite saints meme. (Details here) The idea is to list my four favourite saints, one favourite blessed, and one person I think should have been a saint. So I'll give it a whirl!

St Anne - The mother of Mary. First of all she's my patron saint. And she's the patron saint of women in labor, which is something I will need in a few months. Oh yeah, and she's Christ's grandmother, how cool is that?

St Anthony of Padua - first of all, I just have so much respect for those who have everything, and are willing to walk away on principle. Secondly...if you lost things as much as I do, the patron saint of lost articles would be an important person to you too.

St Gerard Majella - Patron Saint of pregnant women - I need him! Although his story is rather sad. He was falsely accused of being a babydaddy, and took a vow of silence until the woman recanted her story.

St Cecilia - The church in which a lot my family's sacraments have taken place. And she's the patron saint of music, something at which I'm hooooorrible, and Chris is really good.

and for my blessed it has to be Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She sacrificed so much - her whole life - to take care of those no one else had an interest in. And she managed to bring attention to the situation at a time when that was otherwise not at all interesting. In a personal aside, the priest that married Chris and I worked a lot with Mother Teresa, so there's two degrees of separation for you. I tease Chris that a good baptist boy is so very close to a Catholic saint-to-be.

For the one person I think should be a saint, I'm going with Pope John Paul II. I really think it's just a matter of time. He was such an important figure in the Church at a time when people were losing their faith in holiness.

As to who I tag next, that's actually harder than the meme! I actually don't know that many Catholic bloggers, so I'm going to go with the one blogger that I do know is Catholic (and reads my blog) - Class Factotum. Flick - I should have picked you and let your wife help, but I know better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home