Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Familia

This week my family is in to visit on their way from my brother's graduation back home. Bill graduated Cum Laude this weekend with a Masters of Divinity. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am. Way back in the mists of time when we were both in grade school, I was the brainiac older sister (sigh, who knew you could outgrow being intelligent?) and he....struggled. He had dyslexia, and the school that we went to was really not set up to handle that. He spent long years getting picked on by other kids and hearing "Why aren't you more like your sister?" from the teachers. And yet somehow he managed to go on to graduate with a mechanical engineering degree, become a top-flight network administrator, and now get his Masters of Divinity with honors. As an adult he's become one of those strong, quiet, responsible people that draws adults, kids, and dogs equally to cry on his shoulder, or dangle off an arm. He's going to be a good priest. And when he's ordained, I'm going to be thrilled for him. He has worked so hard for this, and I know he's going to be really wonderful in his new role!

3 Comments:

At May 8, 2007 at 8:07 AM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Congratulations to your family for being the type of family that supports a vocation!!!!!!!

 
At May 8, 2007 at 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to answer your question, me.

-The Husband

 
At May 10, 2007 at 7:39 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Thanks, Ambrose, but I really do have to give all credit to my parents. I was upset at first when my brother went into the seminary, because he wasn't going to have the life I'd planned out for him. Sometimes I forget whose in charge around here.

Having said that, he's much more content with the life God planned for him. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home