Monday, May 14, 2007

Send caffeine

We had a great weekend visiting Susan, JH, Ethan & Henry in Richmond. We also got to see Anna & John who are expecting their baby a week before we’re expecting ours. Unfortunately we got home at 9 last night, and to borrow from the Car Talk guys, you can go ahead and change my name to Erasmus B Dragon. So today is just a bullet points post.
  • I hate Hate HATE DC traffic. When we go to Philly, we keep shaving time off of the trip. I’m not sure, but I think Chris has the trip down from 5 hours to about 37 minutes. Unfortunately the trip to Richmond keeps increasing because of DC traffic. A couple of years ago it took us 6 hours. Last year: 7 hours. This past Friday: 8 hours. They’re going to have to sedate me like BA Baracus to get me through that town in the future.
  • Susan & JH have to be the most gracious, welcoming hosts on the planet. They feed us every time we drag ourselves in after everyone has eaten, and let us invite random strangers over for dinner, and do a thousand other things to make us feel welcome. And we? Well we show up. I know very well who’s got the best of the deal.
  • Hanging with the boys is the best therapy in the world for Chris right now. He has so much fun rough-housing with them! I have photos JH & Susan if you need to get in touch with CPS.
  • Anna looks awesome, and she’s so much tougher than I am. She totally puts me to shame. She’s still jogging (or back to jogging now that her stomach doesn’t turn inside out). Saturday she was up at 3:15 AM, spent the day doing yard work at her mom’s house, and then came over for dinner. I am wuss, hear me whimper and hide under the desk.
  • JH, Chris, Ethan & Henry made a killer Mother’s Day breakfast for Susan and I. I like the part where I get to piggy back off of the whole Mother’s Day thing without having the baby yet. Sweet! Thank you, guys, that was awesome!
  • Watching Ginger try to bark a deaf dog (Lucy)into submission was worth the price of admission. And I'm sure Lucy knew darn good and well what Ginger was trying to do, and thought "Kid, you're going to have to do better than that to intimidate me in my own house."
  • Fred remembers Anna. As well he should, she remembers him from when he was a barky little brat. When he saw her, he was so excited, he sat there and gazed up at her with the goofy "You are the love of my life" look that he gets for his favorite people. It was sweet!
  • Ginger always makes us look bad in a good way. We're constantly trying to describe how insane her puppyness is. But then she gets so tired from the constant excitement of travel and new people, places, and dogs that she's totally sedate when everyone meets her. I'm not sure whether to be proud of her or throttle her.
  • My husband knows me well…Eyes closed, face screwed up = migraine. I’m not loving &%(*# hormones.
  • There is not enough caffeine in the world to get me through today. The one saving grace is that two of my four scheduled meetings, I got stood up. Normally this would tick me off, but today I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am.


      Labels:

      1 Comments:

      At May 14, 2007 at 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

      They really are the epitome of Southern hospitality, aren't they? I hope Henry is ok with not going to college, after all they've spent on us. Maybe I can be their personal Ebay monkey when we move.

      -the husband

       

      Post a Comment

      << Home