Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I have become comfortably numb

I've sorta been in a blue haze the last couple of days. Partly a combo of being tired, having a LOT of cleaning to accomplish before my parents get here in a couple of days, and just finding the news really, REALLY depressing. You'd think by my age I would have seen it all and just not cared any more, but shooting Amish just seems to be a bit more than I can handle. Oh yeah, and the firewall at work now blocks access to Youtube. So it's not like I can find any dumb videos at work to make me laugh any more.

Blah.

On the plus side, a group of us at work are starting to exercise every afternoon at 4. Which is awesome. I've not seemed to be able to move my butt out of the chair the last few weeks, but heckling will get me going. If the whole group is going to get buff, I sure as hell don't want to be the only schlub. And they've decided that instead of bringing in cake, (every freakin' week) they're going to start bringing in fruit. Suh-weet! Bring on the company softball games! Better yet, make it football, we're going to be lean, mean football machines! Maybe not. Anyway, Tues-Wed-Thurs are workout days with the group. And then throw in the cyclocross weekends, and I have high hopes for whipping in shape before I turn into a slug this winter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home