Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Interesting website

I mysteriously got a book in the mail yesterday called "The RealAge diet". I have sort of skimmed through, but what was even more interesting is the actual website:
www.realage.com. The basic theory is that your lifestyle choices speed or slow aging - something we've known all along. I like that mine has slowed my aging by 3 years. I need to keep working on that so I can be the same age as my husband. I also REALLY like their weights programs. They offer you choices of strength exercises that require machines, weights, and nothing. Each exercise comes with a detailed description of how to do it, and then when you're done selecting what goes into your weight program, you can print out a fitness plan to allow you to track your strength training.

I gave it a whirl today, aye carrumba! It's tough. I can feel that I have shoulders. My muscles are totally screaming "How do we maintain our girlish figures!?" I also did 30 min exercise bike and 15 min treadmill. Given I was already sore from yesterday's run, I'm just pathetically crying on my desk right now. Good thing I'm in the back corner, by a window. Send ibuprofen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home