Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Getting to Know You

Hmm, a friend of mine sent this tonight, and I figured, that means no actual work has to go into writing the next blog. Sweet!

Welcome to the Winter 2006 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail, and then paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to the people you care about, including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends, if you did not know them already.



1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:45AM - dog and I had tussled for my pillow long enough.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Um, I lean towards pearl, although most of mine are of the faux variety. I have one diamond and without a doubt it's the nearest and dearest to my heart!

3. What was the last film you saw? Seabiscuit, the Lost Documentary. Not sure if it counts. Last night we watched Real Genius. Blast from the past for me, eye rolling adventure for the hubby.

4. What is your favorite TV show? Since we don't have the tv hooked up for either cable or aerial, I'm dependent on what Netflix has in stock. I got hooked on a short run series called Firefly most recently.

5. What did you have for breakfast? Honeynut Cheerios in soy milk and orange juice

6. What is your middle name? Ann

7. What is your favorite cuisine? I like most, probably Italian as comfort food, and thai or ethiopian for exotica.

8. What foods do you dislike? German. Bland, bland, bland...

9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Ranch

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I listen to XM radio mostly, and digging The Killers, Jet, Gorillaz, Bowling for Soup and other pop type of music. Not a deep river here!

11. What type of car do you drive? Honda Accord

13. What characteristics do you despise? People who whine but make no effort to improve their situation. People who don't know I'm right.

14. Favorite item of clothing? Cute, hip, grey pants which alas I just found a hole in the other day

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Hmm, Macchu Picchu in Chile, or Austria or retrace some of the places I've already been with my husband.

18. Where would you like to retire? South, probably. Someplace warm.

19. Favorite time of the day? Anytime I'm with my husband! (All together now... "Awwwwww")

20. What was your most memorable birthday? My 31st party. My friends threw a surprise party (thanks guys!)

22. Favorite sport to watch? Hmmm, in person, baseball. On tv cycling or figure skating.

23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Don't know.

24. Who do you expect to send it back first? No clue. C'mon Angie, I'm counting on you sister...

25. What fabric detergent do you use? Whatever my husband uses - he does the laundry!

26. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi

27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Er...neither? When I'm on vacation my natural sleep cycle is midnight to 8.

28. What is your shoe size? Canoe

29. Do you have any pets? Fred the Wonderdog, flirter with women.

30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your family and friends? No, thankfully things have been a bit quiet of late.

31. What did you want to be when you were little? Rich and idle.

32. Shampoo? Infusium

33. Soap? Any good smelling girly stuff. I'm not girly overall, that's where I make it up.

34 Summer/Winter? TOTALLY summer. I overheat, but I prefer it to freezing my butt off.

35. Wearing? jeans and an oxford. What a prep!

36 Eating? Drinking? About to have a light dinner

37. Listening to? My dog sighing deeply because he's not getting the attention a dog of his caliber deserves.


>***********THE LAST 24 HOURS**************
Cried? No.

Met someone new? No

Cleaned your room? Surely you jest

How many hours of sleep? 7


************DO YOU BELIEVE IN**************

Ghosts? Sorta, not really. Not a very supernatural gal

Yourself? Depends. Usually, but there are areas I'm a little unsure of.

Your friends? Absolutely!

Destiny/Fate? Yes - I totally believe things happen for a reason. Sometimes they're bad things, but usually there's a redeeming aspect in there somewhere.

Who have you known the longest of your friends? I think Christine - 15ish years now!

Update
Good line from Christine's Response: 37. What do you like Listening to? my husband telling me I was right, or how beautiful I am, and for more common occurences: different types of music, my puppies snoring or breathing hard, ocean waves.

Favorite things from Angie's Response: 7. What is your favorite cuisine? yes.

8. What foods do you dislike? anchovies, lima beans, sprouts

(Gotta love the disliked foods, lima beans suck...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home