Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yes, yes, I live

I feel like I'm barely keeping up with things these days. By noon I'm completely wiped out, and I've been leaving work early every day (2-3 ish, not at noon). Grr. Fortunately I'm transitioning things at work, so my job is slowing down a bit in some ways. There are things that I have to wrap up, but not many new things on the list.

The doggers have been moping a bit in Chris's absence. Ginger runs to the back window (traditional bark-a-greeting spot of hyper puppies) every time the neighbors come home to see if it's Chris. And Fred seems to have his pouting paw out a lot, although that could be because he's missing the frequent mountain bike rides. Long walks with me don't really accomplish the same de-energizing. And my ears perk up every time I see a Volvo wagon go by. But things are going well at the Tour de Toona, so just a few more days!

Sigh, and my pick to win the Tour de France has now been busted for his A-sample doping with someone else's blood. Igggggh. Technically he's not officially guilty until he's either declined the B-sample re-test, or it has been tested and proven guilty. Technically the media isn't supposed to know anything about it until after the whole B-sample thing. So not only is it enough that most of these guys are dopers, but the organization that's riding herd on them is so immoral that it won't even abide by it's own standards much less some of the rules of common decency used elsewhere.

My doc gave me the spiel on Monday on what I need to do when "the time" comes. How far apart contractions should be, etc. I'm getting close. I've started gathering up the stuff to take to the hospital, and I need to finish off the back room. I'm getting close enough. As long as I don't have the baby until next week, I'm in good shape. The parents are all arriving then to help us get the house in shape. So once that's done, we're ready. Theoretically. If anyone needs me I'll spend the next few weeks breathing into a brown paper bag because I've forgotten something else.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home