Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Holy cow....this is real. Yes, I know, I'm the thickest person in the world to be 33 freakin' weeks pregnant before it finally sinks in. But I think the Lamaze class this past weekend pretty much did the trick. Followed up by a meeting at work yesterday to discuss who would have responsibility for projects that will be unfinished when I leave. We're actually talking about when I leave for a few months. It's sort of nuts.

Lamaze really wasn't bad at all, thank heavens. I can see where doing the class as multiple sessions rather than one 5 hour day would probably have been good. We're hit with a lot of stuff all at once. And yes, we watched the clip of "Miracle of Life" with the hippy couple giving birth. But we lucked out, the VCR died and they couldn't show us the movie on (shudder) episiotomy. Er, I'm perfectly happy with letting certain things happen without having complete details and visual. No, really, no mirrors for me. But at this point it's sort of hard to avoid the concept that yes, we really are having a baby.

Which brings us to the nightmare room from hell, aka the future nursery. The good news is that we got another box moved to the basement, with my having gone through and thrown more things out, filed some things, etc. Oh and shown Chris my prom picture. My teenage years (like most people, I guess) were not my finest years. Anyway, in about 2 weeks, I'm afraid we're just going to have to move everything as-is to the basement, because we need a place to put all of the baby stuff. As fast as I'm moving it out of one corner, the other corner is filling up with cribs, strollers, clothes, infant car seats.... At some point I'm just going to have to say "this is it" and set up the changing table and crib, put all the cute little stuff up, etc. Being a pack rat doesn't pay. But I'm working hard on making up for my past pack rat sins, and hopefully by the time baby gets here, we'll have a proper room for him/her.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2007 at 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an exciting time. Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home