Monday, July 02, 2007

Buy that man a beer

Poor hubby. We have now moved into the phase of pregnancy officially known as the "Whiny Trimester". Let's start out with "I have nothing to complain about." Everything has been going pretty well so far. But I'm most definitely starting to feel the joys of carrying an extra 25lbs. Let me tell you, this is the best incentive I can have to work out after the baby is born. I'm tired all of the time, my joints sometimes hurt, and I've lost all fluidity of motion. If I get myself down to the floor to play with dogs or assemble a filing cabinet (why yes, it was an exciting weekend), I need a crane to get up. And the bad thing is....it's not really bad enough to warrant my grumbling. It really isn't.

So if you see my husband, buy that man a mint julep. He's more than earned it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 2, 2007 at 9:13 PM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Work out after the baby is born. Work out after the baby is born.
I am laughing my evil laugh.

 
At July 3, 2007 at 9:18 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

I know, I know, but I have to hang on to a FEW illusions...

 
At July 5, 2007 at 1:43 PM, Blogger Chris said...

25lbs is really not bad at all.

You'll be amazed at how quickly it comes off.

My wife dropped the pregnancy weight and then some. She started pregnancy #2 over 8 lbs lighter than she was before #1.

Breast feeding burns a ton of calories and caring for a baby is quite a workout in and of itself! 8-)

We're also in the tired & cranky phase...only 8 weeks to go.

 
At July 10, 2007 at 8:23 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Chris, I have to say, your wife is my hero. I see the picture of her 30 weeks pregnant and mountain biking and feel like a huge wuss! Rock on, sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home