Monday, June 25, 2007

FINALLY!

The official pictures are available from the Frs of Mercy ordination.


My brother is the handsome guy who looks just like me. Except a guy. And not pregnant. Anyway, it was good to see the whole community together, to see their two ordinands, and to know that my brother has finally achieved his goal. There's a 7 year preparation cycle to become a member of the order, including 6 years of schooling. It's a LOT of work. I'm so glad for his success!

Last year when he was here for a visit, it was like hanging with a rock star. Everywhere he went, people wanted to talk to him - and that was BEFORE his ordination. Anyway, an older gentleman asked if it was hard to put up with his getting all of that attention. I had no idea how to answer that (other than "no"). It never even occurred to me to be jealous, and heaven knows he's had his trials to get to that point. And more trials to come. Interesting what people focus on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home