Monday, July 02, 2007

Ewwww moment

So every weekend I try to get the dogs to the ballfield near our house to burn off energy. And a good time is had by all when the leashes come off. There's birds to be chased, rough-housing to be accomplished, a ball to be thrown... But yesterday the rough-housing went a little awry. I heard Ginger yelp, so I called to the dogs and they went back to running in circles for a few more minutes. Sometimes Fred is a little too rough, but when he's really hard on her, there's a sustained wail. Then I have to break them up and direct them to other games. Anyway, as I started to round them up to head back home I realized the side of Ginger's face and the top of her head were covered in blood. The best we can figure, Fred must have bitten down too hard on her ear while they were rough-housing, and then she drew back. She has a big slice out of her ear. And it didn't stop bleeding for quite a while which meant that after getting home we had a lot of blood clean up off of bedding, clothes, and my knee. I looked like I'd made good on my threats to bury Ginger in the backyard.

I tell myself this is what it would be like to have a boy - crazy disgusting injuries that make a queasy mom flip out. Eeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home