Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Milestone

Today Ginger turns 1 year old. Mostly because this is approximately the right time, and also because it's my birthday too. (She's a pound puppy, we only have the vet's best guess as to when she was born) And the country turns 231 years old. And I turn pretty doggone old. Sigh....40 to be precise. Looking back, it's sort of amazing to find myself where I am. 10 years ago I was very, very, VERY single with no dogs and sort of no aim in life. Now I'm married to the greatest guy in the world with two dogs and a baby on the way. And my aim in life is to work with my hubby keep her off the pole if we have a girl. If we have a boy, it's to teach him respect for women without denigrating the areas that men are strong. Not too shabby, I've made great strides in the last few years, thank heavens.

And how do I know I'm very, very pregnant? Because a couple of weeks ago I told Chris that I wanted to go to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But now I realize that what I really want instead is a nap.

Have a great 4th of July!

2 Comments:

At July 4, 2007 at 9:03 AM, Blogger megA said...

happy birthday fellow cancer!!! mine was yesterday--yay for us!!

xo
m

 
At July 5, 2007 at 7:02 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Thank you - Happy birthday to you too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home