Friday, July 13, 2007

Lucky Day

Ok, today hasn't been particularly lucky or unlucky. But it is Friday the 13th!

Busy week. Some of it is the drs-appt, monitoring, drs-appt, monitoring cycle I'm currently in. But more of it was a visit from JBV so he could do a presentation at a seminar they were having at Masters Natz. Poor guy, he got here on one of the 3 miserable hot nights we have had this year. Can you say "no ac?" I thought you could. Thankfully Wed a storm blew through and it became sleeping weather overnight. Phew. Then Chris and JBV made the mistake of leaving the house. And Ginger took advantage of that to get into his toiletries bag and chew everything. Until I got home last night, we thought she had eaten the head of his razor. Sigh. Do we know how to show a guest a good time, or what? I think in my heart of hearts, I know that Ginger is going to need an operation at some point to have something she ate removed from her intestines.

Monitoring stuff went well today. Both of the drs in my practice were at the hospital, so I'm assuming they both had patients in delivery. They both popped in to see how my monitoring was going. Dr Z told me not to mow the lawn this weekend (sorry, sweetie!), to which I complained that he never let me have any fun. Dr C looked beat, poor guy. Must have been a super duper early morning.

I've become the voice of the disaffected at work. I blame all of my crankiness on hormones, and have told the guys that they're welcome to blame their crankiness on my hormones as well. When I have a built in excuse like pregnancy for everything from forgetfulness, to crankiness, and clumsiness, I feel that I should share the wealth. But anyway, when they're worried about something, I have no probs talking to my boss. I figure as long as I'm not memorably nasty, they'll forget my kvetching by the time I get back from maternity leave anyway.



And this is the baby pool at work. Just for fun, no money on the line. I'm amazed at how conservative everyone has been on the DOB and the weight. Out of 11 guesses only two are 8lbs or over. And none are predicting a hugely early DOB. Only two are predicting I'll deliver late.

Oh and 7 out of 11 think it's a boy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home