Monday, May 28, 2007

Holiday Weekend

Random thoughts for the weekend. I seem to be the queen of random thoughts these days. I blame it on the pregnancy. Then again, I blame EVERYTHING on pregnancy.
  • The weather here has been phenomenal. Sunshine, bright blue skies, temps in the 70s and low 80s. Just perfect for Chris to take off to State College for a 40 mile mountain bike ride with some friends. He was sweating it a bit that he was going to be "that guy". The only one on the ride who just can't seem to keep up. But it turns out that he was useful mechanically, and able to hang with two of the riders while the other two were definitely much better. So he came home happy and tired.
  • We got the Volvo! Sweet! It took us 3 1/2 hours to do paperwork though. Alas it's been so long since we've had to go through that whole maneuver that we came a little underprepared. So that meant two trips - one home, one to the bank. Then add to that a few minor things that we were settling with the dealership, some computer problems, and we'll just say that I was quite ready for lunch by the time we left.
  • Do any other Catholic women have problems with bellies so big during their pregnancy that they can't kneel? My belly hits the pew in front of me, and I can barely get on the kneeler. I guess I'm sitting for the next 3 months.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 at 9:31 PM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

I always knelt with my backside hitting the pew. When I was only 4 months pregnant with Myles I wasn't that big yet, but I still had to use this posture when we visited St. Lawrence Church in Asheville. It was definitely built with smaller people in mind.

 
At May 29, 2007 at 10:24 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Man...we have traveled in some similar circles. :) I lived in Asheville for 5 years in the early 90s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home