Friday, December 01, 2006

Vous aiment du fromage avec cela?

Sigh. I’ve had better weeks. Gentle readers, it’s a whiny kind of post, so if that’s really not what you’re in the mood for, may I recommend the blogroll to the right?

To start with, Chris is leaving his job. He has lots of regrets about leaving. He really loved managing the shop, and had put heart and soul into it for the last 8-ish months. But the company decided that they needed him more at a different store, and we weren’t prepared to make the lifestyle adjustments that would be necessary. Unfortunately the store at which he works was apparently not negotiable. And there were other factors (there always are). So the great job hunt is on.

In addition I took the car in for it’s 60,000 mile service on Wednesday, at which point they told me that the rear tires were kaput. Which meant a trip last night to replace those.

Last night Chris was petting Fred, and I heard him gasp. I turned around and Chris had totally recoiled and was pale. Now my hubby is totally not the squeamish type. In addition, to add to the surreal ness, Fred was absolutely calm. So I went to take a look, braced to see an alien head coming out of Fred’s side. Instead I saw a nasty thumb sized hole in his side. We were off to the vet.

So a $300 vet bill, anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, and a shaved dog later, we now know what a sebaceous cyst is.

Oh yeah, and my parents are without power because of the midwestern storm that hit. This is the third time this year.

Wah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home