Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

I have to admit, this morning when I went to church sans Dad this AM, I was a little blue about missing Thanksgiving. I felt a bit like this:


But... Life's really too short to waste on being depressed over nothing. And I do have tons to be grateful for. Like not having to listen to the litany of ailments from the rest of my family over dinner. So instead I'll try to remember the Magnificat from Mass this morning, which has to be the ultimate prayer of Thanksgiving:

My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name.
And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation

Anyway - how you like them apples? The Magnificat and South Park all in the same posting!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home