Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Lazy Afternoon


As much as it sucked not getting to see my parents this weekend, I have to say we had a great time with this 4 day weekend. I didn't realize how stressed I was until 4 glasses of wine at Thanksgiving dinner resolved my problem with a sore neck. Friday I was mostly lazy with a quick shopping spree to buy some Christmas presents. Saturday was the dirty dozen for Chris while I chilled, then we went out to watch "Stranger than Fiction" and have dessert at the Cheesecake Factory with our friend, Barb. We stayed out until the decadent hour of 11:30, and I slept in until (gasp) 8:30. As Chris said "big bike ride, chocolate cake, a movie...what more could you want out of a day?" Life has been a bit crazy for us in the last few months. Just being able to chill these last few days has been a luxury I didn't even realize I'd missed.

Helping things immensely has been that Fred and Ginger appear to have figured out that life isn't nearly as bad as they thought. They've snuggled, they've wrestled, they've played tug of war. Fred still needs big dog time without Ginger playing Goofy while he's trying to be majestic. But at least I haven't spent the last few days wondering if we're ultimately going to be taking her to another shelter because Fred can't stand her.
Oh and "Stranger than Fiction turned out to be a really good movie. Not quite as fluffy as what I was expecting, but still worth watching. Emma Thompson turns in another awesome performance, this time as a semi-crazy writer. Will Ferrell shows a degree of control I didn't know he could muster. And my husband says "Who knew I had the hots for Maggie Gyllenhaal?" (Note...husband has hots for her, I don't. Not that I think he'd object if I did too...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home