Friday, October 13, 2006

Who turned off the Fall switch?

Good grief this has been the year of abrupt seasonal transitions. Summer just stopped dead sometime in early September, and Buffalo is in the process of getting around 30" of snow right now. Even we in the much further south western PA region woke up to temps of 31. It's crazy. I don't think I can take 6 months of hard core winter. I hate winter. NOOOOoooooooooo. Sigh.

I enabled word verification on comments. I was sick of the visits from Nitel to leave spam droppings in my comments. Oh well.

Started packing for the trip last night. Yeeks. We're going to look like the Clampetts. If you see a car with 2 cross bikes, a mountain bike, a back seat half full of wheels, with the trunk 3/4 closed, and a dog hanging out the window, that's us.

Sounds like the Cincy races are going to be hopping this weekend. Sweet!

I don't think Fred's ready for winter yet. He's gotten to the point where he won't be kicked out of bed any more. Oh, sure, he leaves when we ask him too, and flounces down at the top of the stairs in a huff. But I always wake up to find the Fred fantastic in bed with us anyway. It's too cold by himself on the floor!

Talk about circle of life stuff. One friend of mine is losing a close friend that she's known since they were in grade school. They disconnect life support today. Thirty years of friendship is mind boggling to me, especially because I really didn't keep in touch with anyone from grade school or high school. Having met the man in question, well...it is hard. He was a bubbly, fun, outgoing person. (I realize that was somewhat redundant). I've only met him once, but my impression was very much of a warm loving person with an awesome, snarky sense of humor. So my heart breaks for my friend in her loss, and rages against the fact that I just can't help her.

But to continue around the circle, we found out that the friends who introduced Chris and I are expecting their second baby. I'm very excited for them! I know that especially the wife really wanted another child. So it's just awesome news.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home