Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What Liberals Believe

I found a link to an article called "What Liberals Believe". And I started to read only to get derailed at the very first tenet:
1. Liberals believe individuals should doubt their own truths and consider fairly and open-mindedly the truths of others.

Ok, look. There is no such thing as "My truth" and "Your truth". I cannot fairly and open-mindedly accept that drivel. There is "My opinion" and "Your opinion". There is THE Truth. And sometimes we don't know THE truth, so we substitute opinion. But to say that we each have separate truths is a load of crap.

Too bad, I was interested in seeing what this guy had to say, but I can't take anyone seriously who can't make the distinction between truth and opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home