Thursday, October 12, 2006

Soon to be a Saga

We’re gearing up for a big trip. It started with Chris having his weekend races, and then I ended up with a business trip to Asheville. It has now turned into a “Round the World” excursion. The trip takes us to Cincinnati starting tomorrow afternoon. Then on Monday morning we leave Cincy and go to Asheville. Thursday we leave Asheville and go as far North as Richmond. Friday we go from Richmond to Delaware. Saturday is Delaware to Philly. Sunday is Philly to home. Monday we go back to work.

The plus side – we’re getting to see a lot of friends! We’re hanging with Mitch in Cincinnati, Erin and Nikki in Asheville, Susan, JH, the boys and the dogs in Richmond, fatmarc in Delaware, Brian, Kristen, the girls, and the dogs in Philly. My work is paying for our only hotel nights, some mileage and my meals for Mon-Thurs.

The minus side…oi. 24 hours of driving (at least) for the week. Non stop activity for a basically quiet person. Keeping the mutt entertained. 2 ½ days of meetings.

Hmm, put both on the scale and…it’s going to be a good trip.

My Dad used to do scheduling/planning/project management for military aircraft at McDonnell Douglas. So when he went on vacation, it spilled over. We’d get itineraries that would have things like “11:34 Pull into rest stop at Cape Girardeau MO”. I just looked at the stack of maps sitting on my desk that I printed out from Mappoint, realized I’m planning on stopping at AAA on the way home, and on my to-do list are things like “Finalize Tuesday dinner with Nikki, Erin, and co-workers” and “Get co-workers cell phones” and I realized that the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home