Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dog-gerel

We spend a lot of time driving together to races. Fred, Chris and I have put thousands of miles and hours and hours of driving on the records. And of course sometimes there's not much to do but sing along with the radio. Since we got Fred, that singing involves trying to modify the songs to incorporate Fred and doggyness. Our first big hit (sung to the tune of "I'm a little teapot") was:
I'm a little Fred dog
Short and Stout
Here is my tail and here is my snout
When I knock the trash over
Hear Mom shout
She picks the trash up and takes it out

This was followed up shortly thereafter with a song that we liked to dedicate to our friend Erin. She was babysitting Fred for us one weekend, and he woke her up at 4:30 AM to take him to the park. This was sung to the tune of "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
Take me out to the park
Get me a longer chain
Before I go insane
It's only half past 4
But I don't care
There's doggies out somewhere

One easy one because of it's monotony is to the tune of "No Parking on the Dance Floor". A little ode to the fact that Fred sucks at inter-canine relationships.
No barking Freddy
No barking at the dog park (repeat ad infinitum)

And finally one that I've worked on of late, to the tune of that old 1960s song "Windy"
Who's walking down the streets of the city
Barking at every doggy he sees?
Who's running out to capture a rabbit?
Everyone knows it's Freddy

Essentially what I'm telling you here is that we are slowly losing our minds. But at least we're keeping ourselves entertained as it occurs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home