Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Baby I'm a STAR!

My brother was in town Sun through this AM for a quick visit en route home from the seminary. He was ordained a transitional deacon in April (which means a priest next year, barring disaster), so he's now always dressed in clerics (the black priest outfits). It is amazing what a rock star that made him at church yesterday morning. After 8AM mass, a group of people invited him to lead the rosary for him. They wanted to know all about him, how they ended up in our church, and one gentleman gave him $20 for lunch. Chris joked later that if he'd only walked our usual rock star, Fred, around our neighborhood for a while, he would have known everyone.

For his transportation, he's currently driving a much abused black nissan. He was joking that if he could just find a little white tape to put on the front of the car....

It was so great to see him! We used to call/email almost every day (probably 50 times a day during the Tour de France), so the hardest parts of his becoming a priest were not being able to talk to him very often, and the realization that producing the grandkids was my responsibility. Dear lord, people, I forgot to pencil in "childbearing" into my calendar of things to do when I die! But he's doing what makes him happy, and that's so awesome to see!

So I'll miss him, but I'm super pleased that when he left, he took an old computer with him to use for his sermons. SWEET! One more thing out of the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home