Sunday, May 21, 2006

Movie Reviews

Yeah, I know, it's been a while. This weekend I watched two completely different movies that I really liked.

First up is Flirting with Disaster. An early Ben Stiller flick with Patricia Arquette, Tea Leoni, Alan Alda, Mary Tyler Moore, Josh Brolin, and George Segal. In it Ben Stiller's character is trying to find his birth parents with the help of his long suffering wife (Arquette) and over-sexed contact with the adoption agency. I picked this one out because Chris is a huge Ben Stiller fan, but I think what makes this an awesome film is that he doesn't dominate everything. The whole cast takes turns stealing the show. Definitely a worthwhile watch.

Strange Days starts out really slow, and it does last 2 1/2 hours. For some reason I hung in there with this movie in a way I usually don't. And it turns out to be a movie that I would probably watch again. Now that I see how it comes together, there are a lot of details I know I missed in the first go around. If you're not into Sci-Fi with a twist of horror, then you may want to pass on this one. Angela Bassett does an awesome job in this, and also now stands as my goal for buffness. Juliette Lewis does a great job playing the slut (is this a good thing?). Anyway, since you probably don't want to read War & Peace, just go see it.

Last question of the day - are Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes really the same guy?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home