Thursday, December 01, 2005

Pollock

This was another movie that I found to be amazingly good, but in the end it was too high falutin' for a simple midwest girl like myself. Ed Harris is amazing, as is Marcia Gay Hardin. Then again, those are both DUH statements. I just got frustrated with Pollock obviously using his wife Lee to advance his career, and then cheating on her like she was nothing to him. (and she probably was). It wasn't so much that it was an arthouse flick as I just didn't like the characters. Pollock was total &%*(#@#, and his wife came across as an ambitious hanger on who got her comeuppance when she fell in love with him. They were quite the duo, and I hope I never meet their like in my lifetime. Then again, I probably wouldn't.

Worth watching, especially if you have more patience with people than I do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home