Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Movie-A-Rama

I have to get the heck out of dodge shortly to retrieve my husband. But in my aloneness this weekend, I managed to catch a few movies:
Blade 2 Not bad, didn't seem to be as fun as Blade 1, but still grisly fun.
Elizabeth I liked this better than I thought I would. Not really my style of movie (then again, neither is Blade), but Cate Blanchett did a wonderful job and the story flowed along nicely. It's about as unpretentious as a period piece can get, which is probably what made this palatable. I recommend it
Dancer in the Dark Couldn't do it. Get about halfway in, and just couldn't keep my fidgets down to a minimum.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Not quite up to snuff with the other HPs, and a little harder for me to deal with the deviations from the book. Where the other movies followed the books extremely closely, this one went through the book like Blade through Vampires. So if you haven't read the book, you'll still probably find this entertaining. If you have read the book, and if you're at all like me, you'll probably have a hard time with the changes that had to be made to compensate for the deletion of whole story lines. It'll be interesting to see if this affects the continuity of the next movie at all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home