Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Rhymes with Shmoonited

A certain airline is getting on my last frickin' nerve. My husband's flight was delayed - I had checked the website. Then I hit refresh. Delayed again. And Again. And again. Finally I thought, "This is RIDICULOUS". I'm calling and talking to someone to find out what's REALLY going on." Did you know that there is not one phone number on the United website that does not take you to an automated phone? And not one that ultimately takes you to an agent, I mean full on 100% automated. Well, maybe I take it back, there's a phone number for a Customer Relations office. Of course it was closed.

But I got a real kick out of this article. Being responsive to customer complaints is a whole lot easier when there's no way for the customers to submit a complaint.

So kiddos, today's easter egg hunt - see if you can actually find any other phone number not attached to an automated machine, or a place to email. I don't really care any more, but it is a challenge greater than the quest for the Holy Grail.

Suddenly I understand why Continental keeps winning awards. The bar is apparently appallingly low.

Update Oops, looks like it got delayed again even after he told me that he got on the plane. Hopefully only this 10 minute more delay. It's been a total of 2 Hours 50 minutes delayed. I'll bet they don't even offer the poor guy an extra bag of peanuts.

Update: Tammie sent this link which includes ways to work around automated telephone systems. Including United's. I'm not sure if it works, but next time I'll give it a try!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home