Saturday, November 19, 2005

Saturday morning do-gooding/Saturday evening whining

I'm SORE. I volunteered this AM. Spent 3 hours picking up small boxes off of a pallet, cutting them open with a box cutter, opening the plastic inside, breaking down the box and then passing the little danskin pants on to some other women who cut out the tags, folded and boxed them back up. I'm not used to that kind of lifting, twisting, and ripping. Abs are a touch sore (which is better than the back!) as are triceps and shoulders. My table of 6 cleared two pallets full. I'm trying to picture the villagers in some South American jungle all sporting danskin cropped workout pants (especially the bright pink & purple pants). The visual just wasn't coming to me.

Two more days til my husband comes home. The dog and I are alternating moping on the kitchen floor and staring at the back door. Unfortunately, due to a combination of timing and bad cell coverage (DAMN YOU SPRINT!), I've only gotten to speak with him for a few minutes since he left a few days ago. Sigh. Gotta go, it's my turn to mope.