Thursday, August 02, 2007

CRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAACCCKKKKKKKKKK

Yeah, that noise you heard yesterday, that would have been me cracking completely. I've made it through 36 weeks of pregnancy with only minor issues, and hormones relatively mellow, but the combination of working from home on the hottest day this summer without real AC, and the arrival of all 3 of our parents today just put me over the edge.

Chris really, really, really needs a mint julep today.

On the plus side, the parents are going to be here specifically for us to put them to work. And this time, I'm totally taking them up on it. In 90 degree, un-ac'd heat. We'll see how long this lasts. But still, having 5 people even work a few hours would probably move us along pretty quickly. I have to say, this is my lesson in humility. I am a total slob, but I hate to admit it. Instead, before we have guests, I spend a week cleaning like a mad woman, and making Chris slave away to cover the unpleasant reality. And that reality is we have dirty dishes in the sink, stuff piled on any available flat surface, dogs who run around in the dirt before running around in our house, bicycles that are stored in our dining room, etc. Telling the parents that they can help us is admitting that I have it together even less than they think I do. So I've tried telling myself "who cares? they don't get to stop loving us as a result." But it's still a flinch factor of 20 on a scale of 1-10. We'll see how it goes!

In juicier topics....dude I honestly don't know what the next size bra is from what I'm currently wearing, but I'm supposed to somehow find not only that bra for now, but a nursing bra two sizes larger than that. Once I have that kid, I guess I could supplement our income by working as a pole dancer. This would be fantastic except for the part where the belly sticks out even further than that. What craziness this is all turning out to be.

3 Comments:

At August 2, 2007 at 6:56 PM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

You need to get over to squirrel hill and go to Pussycat on Forbes. It is there for all your G-cup needs. They will fit you properly, too.
Call ahead and see if they have the nursing bras in stock. They maybe be able to order, too.
412 521-5977

 
At August 3, 2007 at 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That store friggin' rules!

-the husband

 
At August 6, 2007 at 7:05 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

I love that you even have the phone number!

I will definitely be touching base with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home