Monday, January 08, 2007

Laziness




This weekend I was the epitome of laziness, much to the disgust of the dogs. Fred and Ginger spent several hours perfecting their pouts, and sleeping in bed.


It did include a trip to the spa, which is always sort of amusing to me. Let me start with, I love to go to the spa. Love it. I could be a kept woman. But it's also not my people. Me: Tomboy, hair askew, no makeup. Other women: Perfect nails, perfect makeup, perfect hair.


One cool thing was that the woman who did my pedicure was married to a guy who had been stationed at Chanute AFB in Rantoul IL the year before my Mom & Dad were. Rantoul was where my brother was born. So it was kind of cool to chat about that, and to hear her talk about what a remote, middle-of-nowhere place it was. (It's since been closed).



But to show you how much the whole spa thing doesn't fit my life, when I stepped in the door of the house after my pedicure (and walking home in paper thongs - try THAT on for size!), the dogs immediately went into the traditional "Dear Lord, you're home! I thought you were never coming back!" greeting...and stepped on my wet toenail. And thus my lovely feet became unlovely again before I even made it in the door.

2 Comments:

At January 9, 2007 at 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was born at Rantoul!!!!

 
At January 9, 2007 at 8:38 PM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

No way! We have a lot of overlap...must be a midwest thing. I went to school in Memphis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home