Thursday, January 04, 2007

Strange Days

It's been an odd week here at work, for a variety of reasons. The way our work holiday schedule fell this year, it only took 2 days of vacation to get 10 days off. As a result...everyone took 2 days of vacation. And we came back tired, grogged out from eating poorly (but oh how yummy!), hung over, sick, and facing a new world order. I've still got the same cold as two weeks ago and I feel like mentally I'm wading through mud. But when I look around, I see my co-workers are in the same boat

Which is all a really long excuse for the old blogger lament "Sorry about the lack of postings!"

The little dog has graduated to big girl status. Instead of confining her to a crate (which she's just about too big for), she's graduated to being kept in the dining room during the day. This is only possible because at 6 months old, she's almost as house-trained as Fred was at a year old. She's a pistol. Yesterday she managed to get past our rube-goldberg door blockage to the kitchen, and shredded a newspaper and a map. You just know that this was the coolest day she ever had. "A whole newspaper! Mom gets mad when I shred a Kleenex!" It's going to be a lot longer before she gets run of the house though, precisely because I would hate to see what happens to the couch.

Anyway, the beginning of the year lameness will end! It will! Just...maybe not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home