Saturday, December 30, 2006

Random thoughts


  • Everytime we go to Bowling Green, I remember "Oh yeah, I really love the south." My dad always phrased it as "the living is softer there". And that wasn't an insult.
  • We had a chance to hang out with Erin & Baker before we left for Christmas. Poor little Ginger, it turns out she's half chicken. The first day we met up with them, she stayed velcroed to our calves. She did a lot better the second day. Another chance for Fredly to catch up with his best friend. We miss both Erin and Baker an awful lot!
  • While driving around, I saw a car with "Claen Me" inscribed in the dust. Not a proud moment for the Kentucky board of education.
  • The Hill's plant is located in Bowling Green. But even better is there's a neighborhood not far from there called "Hill View". Given there aren't many hills in that area, there's only one "Hill" that can mean.
  • The Fathers of Mercy have an enormous chapel going up. It was pretty awesome. The steel had just come in, so in the few days I was there, you could see more and more of the framework going up.
  • Ginger and Darcy the schnauzer played like champs. And I think Darcy won. Long after Ginger & Fred were passed out, Darcy was still demanding attention from his 'mom'. On the plus side, we actually got to see what a cutie pie Ginger is when she's not wound up with nothing to do. It also convinced me that a terrier is not for me. I can barely keep up with our dynamic duo. I would have killed Darcy years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home