Friday, December 15, 2006

Tis the (random thoughts) season

God, I love food day at work. Everyone in our department brought in something to eat today. My friend Tom brought in Scotch Eggs. Never heard of them? They’re heart attacks on a stick. Take a hardboiled egg, wrap it in sausage, bread that, and fry it. I’m pretty sure eating a whole one nullifies your life insurance. And wow, is it tasty.

It’s been a tough week, and I’m glad to see the Friday of it. Without going into too much detail, they re-orged my boss out of a job. Which has left everyone who worked for him devastated. Chris has been working a new job (hooray!), but we’re hearing that some at the old job are still grinding axes. Gentlemen: He has never told anyone that he was fired. He has told people that you transferred him from the place 5 minutes from home to the place ½ hour from home. And you told him on Friday that he started on Monday. Ok? You made a business decision. He made a business decision. I know personalities are involved, but in the spirit of the holidays, it’s really time to take a deep breath, and let go of the grudges. Ready? Ahhhhhhhhhh. Can you say Merry Christmas without choking? No? Try it again. I have no intention of treating you with anything less than respect, and I expect the same from you with regard to both my husband and I. And you aren’t going to be able to do it while you’re strangling on your own bile.

Wow, I feel better already.

Anyway, back to my woe is me…..work has been incredibly busy last week and this, and will be again next week. This is the time of year when managers look at their yearly goals and realize that one of them was to get some projects completed. And there’s still 20 minutes before the Christmas holidays! We can do it!

But in much happier news, my friends Art & Eva had their baby, Mina on Dec 4. I think Mina will be a perfect match for Sean & Marilyn’s handsome little boy born Nov 20 (rubs hands together in matchmaking glee).

And in other happy news - Angie is coming to visit this weekend. Sweet!

In unhappy news – DEAR LORD THE HOUSE IS A WRECK! THE DOGS NEED TO BE WALKED! I DON’T HAVE MY MIL’S CHRISTMAS PRESENT! I HAVEN’T SENT OUT CHRISTMAS CARDS!

AARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Time to open a bottle of wine and get crackin’!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home