Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pre-teen

Oooohhh myyyyyyy. So when we got Fred, he is the world's most mellow dog. No, really, he's super mellow and always has been. He believes in truth, justice, and humans are to be treated with respect. His only concession to freaked out doggy-dom is he doesn't like dogs, trains or semis. But overall, we all chill around the house pondering the meaning of life.

And then we got Ginger

And at the ripe old age of 5 months, Ginger growled at Chris. This led to Ginger being put on her back, snarling and growling until she realized that was that. Later last night, I held her back, and she growled at me too. But this time, Fred did the honors. I held him back from dealing with her when Chris was flipping her, but this time I didn't have a hand on him, so he immediately ran over and put her on the ground. Which I appreciated, actually. This was sort of one of the reasons we wanted to get a second dog while Fred was still young. We wanted him to show the second dog the ropes. But it doesn't stop me from thinking that it's going to be a really long year or two until someone grows up a bit and calms down. Eeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home