Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Let it Snow

This morning I was walking the dogs through the first noticeable snow of the year. There still won't be accumulation, but there were little traces of snow caught in the cracks and blowing in waves across the street. When I looked up into a street light, big fluffy Christmas snowflakes are falling to the ground. And because it's 25 degrees, I've got the place to myself. Ahhh, this is perfect this time of year. Talk to me in January when all I want is to move to the Sahara. But for now, this is the season.

Yesterday was Chris's first day without the bike shop, and from a totally selfish point of view, I could live with that. Ask me after the paycheck time comes and goes, but Chris spent the day working on coaching, taking the dogs to the park, and doing a bit of cleaning. I got home to the dogs sacked out instead of the frantic scramble to get the puppy out to potty, snuggle with Fred, walk the dogs long enough to burn off the steam from the day. This morning I "short-blocked" the dogs, which means about 15 minutes in the cold instead of 45. And when I got home, Chris was home and relaxed, as opposed to getting home at 8:30, shovelling food down our throats , and giving the dogs their second walk before we go to bed. It's not a permanent way of life, but ya know, it's not a bad way of life.

PS: Ginger is now officially tipping the scales at 33lbs. So she's gained 8lbs in the last 5 weeks. I keep looking at her to see if she's going to be a Great Dane mix after all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home