Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Proust Questionnaire

Since I don't read Vanity Fair, I came across the Proust Questionnaire in a backwards kind of way. Since I'm dealing with a lot of chaos at work, and a teensy bit at home, this is my out for the day. The 13 year old Proust gave much better answers than I...

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
To be worried about the health and safety of those I love.

Where would you like to live?
Practically, someplace south of the Mason-Dixon, closer to both sets of families. In a dream world, there are limitless places I'd love to live - Italy, Ireland, Colorado, California...but only for a little while in each place, and then back home to the practical place to be near those we love.

What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Hanging out with friends and family, playing with the dogs, sharing a pizza. My wants are few.

To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Not being serious enough! There's plenty of earnestness and seriousness, bring on the occasional flibbertigibbets!

Who are your favorite characters in history?
Thomas Jefferson. Benjamin Franklin. Very different characters, but characters nonetheless.

Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
At a large level, the women who were the "first" in various professions - doctor, lawyer, engineer. At a more immediate level, my Mom and my aunts who made such a huge impact not only on me, but also on my gazillion cousins.

Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
I don't have a single heroine. I tend to like strong women who aren't afraid to make necessary changes, and do what needs to be done. I hate WHINY.

Your favorite painter?
Camille Pissaro

Your favorite musician?
I'm not sophisticated enough to have a real musician as a favorite!

The quality you most admire in a man?
Just one? I can't do just one, it's all part of a package. Intelligence, humor, strength, compassion...

The quality you most admire in a woman?
Pretty much the same answer.

Your favorite virtue?
Tact - because I possess none.

Your favorite occupation?
Anything that allows me to spend time with my husband, my family, and the dogs.

Who would you have liked to be?
Me. I live a pretty sweet life, despite the occasional bumps in the road. In another world, I would be rich enough to give more to charity, and maybe work part time at a real job and part time for a charity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home