Monday, October 23, 2006

Who's training Who?


It’s a funny thing with dogs. Especially smart ones. They really learn to work you over for treats. You think you’re training them, and suddenly you find yourself trained. Fred has learned to make faces at me in the back seat.












Oh sure, it started so innocently, with my giving him a treat when he laid down properly in the back seat. But then he was doing it so much, that I wouldn’t fork over the treat every time. So he would shift positions, and sometimes that would make me laugh and I’d cough up the treat anyway.











So he’s learned that if he shifts positions and facial expressions, he’ll hit on one that will cause him to strike the mother lode of treats. If I’m being particularly obstinate, then he’ll finally resort to the oldest of dog tricks – lean forward, apply doggy laser-beams to the side of the head.

In other words, I’ve managed to raise a total ham.


Oh - and why are all of these pictures cell phone pictures? Because I'm an idiot and managed to lose our pride and joy on the trip.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home