Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Jogger's Guide to Asheville

Dogs LOVE! Cats. Even better when a park has a feral cat colony.
Harbin Park, Cincinnati

We have spent the last two days at work zipping through everything my company does in Asheville. And that's a lot. It's also funny because I've worked for the same company for 17 years, and I worked in the plant here 11 years ago. I actually know a lot of people as we walk through the plant. It's been fun, I feel like Norm walking into cheers
Fredly finally had a rest day today, and he's been super happy this evening. This despite the fact that we went out to eat. Downtown Asheville has a lot of cool restaurants, bars, and shops. It also has a lot of classic hippies. As in patchouli is really not a replacement for a bath. One of my co-workers said "We've all made our fashion statements when we were young. But when does hygiene become optional?" Regardless, we had tasty Thai tonight, and Mellow Mushroom Pizza last night. Interesting place, but made even better due to the good company we were in.
We got to see Erin and Baker yesterday - woohoo! Double woohooo for Fred getting to play yesterday.

Spoiled is such an ugly word. Fred prefers to call it

getting his just rewards.

Any way, tomorrow we're off on the final swing of the trip -first to Richmond to see our buddies JH & Susan, and then to DE to hang with fatmarc and then finally to Philly to hang with Brian, Kristen and the girls. Oh and some bike races.

I have to say, getting to do a business trip with my husband and my dog makes this the best business trip I've ever been on. I wish I could do this every time!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 at 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a job interview last week, they asked how I felt about business travel. I managed to hide my revulsion and say that of course travel was necessary sometimes to get the job done. They pointed out that there could be some long stints overseas. That's when I perked up and said that I had gone on a two-week business trip to England with my boyfriend this summer and that if he could go on long trips with me (he works from home), then it wouldn't even be like being away from home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home