Monday, September 04, 2006

Photo Diary from the Louisville Trip

Lovely Louisville neighborhoods where my husband and our dog could walk










God is watching. Or the Masons. Or something. The dome at St James Church on Bardstown Rd where they celebrated their 100th anniversary at 11AM Mass this past Sunday. I have to admit to being a little creeped out.











Zara fearlessly scopes out a mutt that weighs three times what she does. The real hit of the evening, though, was that Chris is a champion bubble blower.











Keep Louisville Weird. I have to say they're doing a banner job. Stereotypical Louisville bumper stickers.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 7, 2006 at 8:35 PM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Oooh. I used to drive past St. James all the time on my way down Bardstown Road and always wanted to go in, intrigued by its exterior.
Yup, I'm everywhere you are. I used to live in that part of Kentucky (Bardstown for a year and then a few years later E-town). And now I am here........
Next time you head down there if you haven't been there it is worth the trip south to St. Joseph's in Bardstown (as well as a lot of Bardstown). St. Thomas outside of Bardstown. Heck, even the old church in Boalsburg whose name escapes me (St. Clare?) is pretty cool. Just drive from Bardstown to Nerinx and Loretto and stop at every little Catholic church in between. They are all old and very cool.
Unless you are from there and I missed that, and you already know all this.

 
At September 8, 2006 at 6:23 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Naw, I'm actually not from there. That would be my hubby who isn't Catholic. So those are great trips, I need to check those out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home