Sunday, August 27, 2006

bummer

So we're at the end of day 3 of antibiotics and the hubby is once again running a 101.5 fever. Bummer. This means it's a virus, and it's certainly not letting go.

It also meant that this afternoon I had "take the dog to the groomers" duty. After 3 years of campaigning, Chris finally convinced me to take him. I think I am now officially ready for the first day of kindergarten, should we ever have kids. I felt so bad when I walked out of the groomers, I could have cried. Fred's tail was between his legs, and he watched me anxiously as I zipped out the door as fast I could. When I went back 2 1/2 hours later, he was tied behind the cash register, all fluffed and beautiful. The minute he saw me, he started crying and yipping for me to rescue him from this place that is worse than the vet's. The vet, we at least stay with him, and they usually don't do too much to him any more. Here they gave him a bath. Egads.

Bring on the kids! I'm ready!

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 at 7:55 PM, Blogger Vica said...

A friend of mine just got a chocolate lab puppy. She also has the "this is what kids are like" sensation. Up every few hours all night long. The high expectations. The constant need for attention and supervision.

And does she love that dog more than life itself? Oh, yeah.

 
At August 31, 2006 at 7:24 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Yeah, I figure having a dog is 10% of the responsibility of having kids. But given I had NO responsibility other than the occasional plant, that's a step.

I'm with her, until such time as we do have kids, that animal is my baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home