Thursday, August 24, 2006

Career Women

Via Asymmetrical Information, I started reading Forbes’s article about why not to marry a career woman. It’s the kind of thing that would have had the top of my head blowing off the first few years I got out of college. But now…well, it’s too late! AHAHHAHA, sweetheart, you’ve fallen into my nefarious career-woman trap! THERE IS NO ESCAPE!

Ahem. Excuse me. Didn’t mean to let that slip out.

As I was saying, there was a point at which this would have made me just a little angry. But now I can read this with a sneer on my face for anyone who isn’t man enough to marry a career woman. C’mon. Meet someone more attractive at the office? Maybe. It’s been happening since women entered the workforce. I have to admit working in IT makes for a rather target poor field, so the thought makes me laugh. But as Elizabeth Corcoran so ably rebutted in Forbes:

Women have faced this kind of competition squarely for years. Say you marry your college heartthrob. Ten years later, he's working with some good-looking gals--nymphets just out of college, or the more sophisticated types who spent two years building houses in Africa before they went to Stanford Business School. What do you do? A: Stay home, whine and eat chocolate B: Take up rock climbing, read interesting books and continue to develop that interesting personality he fell in love with in the first place.


Another great takedown is done by Slate.

Whatever. The issues that Michael Noer describes are the result of…ego. And I’m finding out that ego has no place in a marriage. We’re only coming up on our 2nd wedding anniversary, but even I know that one.

Sigh, but I do have to plead guilty to a messy household. Thank heavens Chris wasn’t looking for a domestic goddess. I’m not even close.

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2006 at 9:25 AM, Blogger Flick said...

Ladies, let me clue you on to a little secret.

A blow job every week or two will make up for a messy house and a poorly cooked dinner, and will knock a workplace nymphette out to the picture toot-sweet.

Now if I could just get someone to club my wife in.

 
At August 28, 2006 at 9:26 AM, Blogger Flick said...

errr, I meant clue not club....I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home