Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New Arrival



And this, folks, is my new baby - a Trek 1500 road bike. (please ignore out of shape person seated on the new baby) It arrived yesterday while I was in the midst of trying to get my work computer to talk to a network. Any network. @&*#(@%. So Chris asked "Don't you like it?" and I'm stopping in mid curse to go "Uh, yes dear, it's lovely". Then went back to trying to figure out why my cache isn't clearing. Not the warmest welcome a new bike has ever gotten. And Chris did have a bad moment when he got a look at the back tire and it was totally abused. Fortunately if anyone is going to have a spare bike part, it's my hubby. Or Gunnar. So I'm cruising along these days on a super blinged out bladed spoke rear wheel until Trek warranties the old one. But we got it all together and I took it first for a spin around the neighborhood. Then we went down to the bike trail, rode to Qdoba and REI and called it a night. So it was very cool. But a lot of adjustments with this one. My other bike was a 58, this one is a 56. New (to me) pedals. Shorter stem. I pretty much wiped out in my driveway. Didn't lay it down, so there are no scratches, but I do have to adjust, after 8 years of the other bike.

On the flip side, I rode past Chris going "Look, Sweetie!" Click. Shift. Ahhhh, ya gotta love new shifters.

I was going to ride it from the car dealership to work this AM, but I wussed out. But hopefully I can get a quick spin in tonight.

WOOOHOOOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home