Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Not a big fan

The fan on the car died last night. Or rather, it refused to die, dammit. I turned it off when I got home from running errands, went to church, came home, did a bit o' cooking, and when I stepped out to throw out some trash, I heard it running. DOH! So my sweetie went out and pulled the fuse on that bad boy, and everyone settled down for a long winter's nap. This means crawling on my hands and knees to my thankfully wonderful carpool buddy to drive until next Tuesday when I take the car in for its repair.

Man, I hate dealing with automotive stuff. Because anyone who touches the engine of my car always has a frickin' up sell and shame on me for not knowing which are important and which aren't. I get knots in my stomach just taking the car to Jiffy Lube.
"We can change your air filter."
"Thanks, No"
"Windshield Wipers"
"Nope, thanks"
"You know your thing-a-ma-jigger is about to fall off"
"Really, I'm fine"
"How about..."
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I JUST WANT YOU TO FINISH THE OIL CHANGE WHILE I READ MY BOOK, OK?!"

Sigh. So next Tuesday, I'll deal with it. But you can't make me like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home