Friday, August 11, 2006

Wry Smile

Hey Flick -

I feel your pain. Last year a friend and I decided that we were going to lose 10lbs prior to my first anniversary. So right about now until December.

That's when I learned that getting older sucks. It used to be all I had to do was start working out - riding my bike, and playing flag football, and after about 6 weeks, I was a lean mean fighitng machine. Now I have to give up all of the good foods in life too, to lose weight.

My husband saved me after 5lbs, and told me that's the weight he wanted me at. And that's why we will never divorce.

Oh and it took me like 8 months to get that 5lbs off because I have no discipline.

Good luck!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 at 6:53 AM, Blogger Vica said...

I meet quite a few women at the gym who are working on losing ten pounds. When I ask how long they've been at it, it's not unusual to hear, "A year." Yikes. No wonder people buy so many "miracle" diet products. I'll bet these women would all be envious of your husband and his support. And they should be!

 
At August 14, 2006 at 10:52 AM, Blogger Flick said...

Men don't mind a woman carrying 10-20 extra pounds and we keep telling you that, but you guys never believe us.

If you're anxious about your weight blame Cosmo not GQ.

 
At August 15, 2006 at 6:40 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

I believe that, actually. Esp because I'm blessed with height, it's easier for me to hide a spare 10. Not great, but easier. It's not this 10lbs that bothers me, it's how easily the NEXT 10lbs will come that worries me. So I fuss over this one so that I can hold off the march of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home