Monday, August 07, 2006

One is the loneliest number...

Interesting little article today in CNN about how people are reporting that they only have two close friends in whom they could confide vs the three people were reporting in 1985. And they talk about loneliness at various stages of life.

I'm so very lucky in that I met a fantastic group of people while I lived in Houston in the late 1990s, and we've still managed to stay in touch (for the most part). My only regret is not that I don't have friends in whom I can confide, but that they're so far flung. When my husband and I got married, wedding invitations went to both coasts and Texas. So if I have to count the number of close friends in whom I can confide, including my husband, I'd probably be hovering around 7 person mark. I just wish we all lived in the same city.

2 Comments:

At August 7, 2006 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Flick said...

Don't forget about me !

I make 8.

 
At August 7, 2006 at 10:53 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

What makes you think I hadn't already included you in the count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home